Thursday, February 24, 2011

Poem 99 - Terrible Cold


Ear Drops trickling down my throat
Sending the ear pain a serious note
Telling it to go very far away from my ear
Telling it that the movers and packers are here

I lied on the bed one ear facing the roof, another to the pillow
Tired of lying, waiting for the tremendous cold to go
I felt the drops going more in and in
It felt like it was touching my inner skin

I knew the drops will take effect at any point
Again me and my ear will be happily joint
My taste buds too had unfortunately stopped having fun
My mother put salt on a lemon and made me lick the lemon

Yes now the pain was going, My taste buds were back
To taste all foods, now my lips did smack
Oh! I am happy the ear pain and all have run off
They have taken away the cold and the terrible cough
-Gaurang Rao


17 comments:

  1. :-) I can feel the pain and taste the sweetness of the cure

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is horrible to have a cold and a great relief when it is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a poem we can all relate to...well done!

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon. this is such a bad time of year. the weather is turning just enough, that pollen is coming still some, dustings of snow, rain ug! yes i have be coughing all day...

    You have a wonderful knack for writing I hope you feel well enough to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the salt on a lemon thing. Does it help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very well done poem for a boy your age. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gaurang,
    Wonderful memories about a use for lemons!

    Well written words...
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel much much better Gaurang! Loved your poem!~Ames

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved you sharing a memory of healing~
    I will try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely poem Gaurang and as usual enjoyable too!!..... at this point I can say very well done and keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poem, I also have a cold and want it to go1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gayathri KrishnamoorthyFebruary 25, 2011 at 11:30 PM

    Woala!!! Weee!!! Good Job!! I just loved reading all your fantabulous poems that leave me with a thought to ponder upon. Every poem has it's own essence!! Keep it up!! Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An Ode to Eardrops! How clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever take on a subject too often in want of being forgotten. Painful memories of earaches and sorethroats. Great capture of the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was wonderful!

    What a fun and clever link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter "T".

    Such a terrific poem.

    A+

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.