Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Poem 83 - Life From A Window



I sat down, I saw through the glass window
Empty road, a very tall leafless tree
On the ground snow was very, very low
From here, a single bird I couldn't see

Not a sound, No slight movement to be seen
Only Silence in the white neighborhood
As far as I could see there was no green
No leaves on the trees, only their thick wood

I coughed loudly, still I broke the silence
Again peace restored, nothing exciting
Far away I heard the creak of a fence
Had somebody come back from their shopping?

Waited, but still not a knock on the door
I meant to get away from the window
Slowly I shut the window more and more
Away from the glass window I did go
-Gaurang Rao

9 comments:

  1. ..awesome lines in such a lonely scene... great job Gaurang!!!^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your Magpie Tale. Thanks.

    You have a very interesting web page, and I like the music you have selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and the poem has a sad and wistful feel about it. It is funny you should write about snow in the UAE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an excellent piece...are you really only in the 6th grade...that just blows me away....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piece, Gaurang. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Keep up the good work. The pictures are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well written.. so beautiful. thanks for sharing..

    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/whispers-another-kind-of-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could sense some need for activity here, Gaurang... very beautifully expressed... the feelings that leapt at me from this poem made me think of a dull, snowed in, blaahh day... yep, been there! So I could relate to this too well. :)

    p.s: When I am reminded of your age, I think back to my school days... and I keep wondering.. could I even write back then.. :)) Young man, YOU ROCK!!!! Keep at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh.. and by the way, you and I share the same last name... and I find that super cool!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.