Thursday, February 17, 2011

Poem 93 - Seventh Heaven Walk


I was walking around the town humming a song
What a beautiful day nothing had gone wrong
A peaceful day, birds chirped as they sat in their nest
People smiled they were lazy and were having a rest

I was content with life I walked on
In a lake far away I saw many a swan
I went towards the lake crossed the lilies of the fields
I saw a man lazily sowing some seeds

The lake made a lapping noise quietly
I threw bread at the swans they looked at me
Quickly each grabbed some bread
Oh! What a beautiful morning" I said

I went back humming again
I passed another field full of sugarcane
Sweet fragrances filled the air
Oh with you this morning I will like to share
-Gaurang Rao


15 comments:

  1. A lovely poem! Thanks for sharing it wuth us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..another positive and soothing verses from Gaurang... keep the blessings alive!!!^^ God Bless!!!^^

    ~Kelvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soothing and quieting. Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very lovely poem. I also wrote poetry but I am afraid my life is in turmoil rigt now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful poem. You guided me see the beauty just through your words. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It snowed here today, so I very much enjoyed walking through your springtime:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, it was peaceful and beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely you can smell the fragances in the air...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful scenario you have presented with your wonderful poem...lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings, how are you?
    Your absence is missed, hope you well…
    Write a free verse 4 Poets Rally, enjoy poetic friends, you are invited!

    Hope to see you in,

    Love your poetry talent and looking forward to a profound experience with your input.

    Cheers.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful images brought to mind with your poem, Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.