Thursday, July 21, 2011

Poem 163 - Early Country Morning


Standing on the farm, early at six
Dew drops on flowers and grass, cold frosted morning
Happy to be visiting the farm today
Cows moo, sheep baa, hens cluck and birds sing

All animals happy, cows give lots of milk
Hens cluck, farmer's wife collects good quality eggs
Sun shines, it seems to be happy, as men toil at the fields
I look at my hands, little dirty, I have soil covered legs

My thoughts jiggled, as I wandered near the flower beds
Oh! What a place this is - a farm
A place where you can get dirty, but have fun
Without much harm
-Gaurang Rao

8 comments:

  1. Wow Gaurang!! Loved the earthy rustic touch to the poem!!
    "I look at my hands, little dirty, I have soil covered legs" and
    "A place where you can get dirty, but have fun
    Without much harm"
    very charming indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would love to visit a place like that. great write.wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There's nothing like a farm" says the Roy Hobbes character to his manager, Pop. (from "The Natural")

    ReplyDelete
  4. loved this it says rural pastures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely--"I have soil covered legs," speaks volumes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rustic feel, the charm of farm life expressed nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to retire there!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.