Monday, May 2, 2011

Poem 143 - That One Night


Sleeping on the bed, hoping no monsters will attack
The lights are off, the room is completely black
Hoping that monsters don't come, and take me to their den
Take me to their new country, out of reach from any men

What if right now they are on the borders of my house
But right now from under my bed, what if a monster does arouse?
What if they take me, feed me cakes containing monster poison?
And I become a monster, and cannot be a normal person?
-Gaurang Rao






5 comments:

  1. Your imagination is hard at work, and goes perfectly with your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the terrors of small boys at night. It's a long time ago now, but I remember them well. My dread was that Lions would get in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frightful! All children can relate to these fears. I like the emotions you conveyed in this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. becoming what you are afraid of?

    i like this.

    Luna

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.