Monday, August 22, 2011

Poem 171 - Time to say goodbye!


As I enter the car looking at my house one last time
Though excited about going to the new house, I was sad that we were leaving this one
As my sister looks too, her head right behind mine
I knew I will remember, it was the house where I had lots of fun

As we all said goodbye and as the car started
The house looked lonely, empty and sad
"Why do you need to go it asked?
Have I done something bad?"

We turned around the corner, and all we could do was remember the house
Memories flashed through my mind
I remembered, how I used to run on the stairs
And climbing the garden trees, everything did rewind

Thinking of it, I felt as if I was there
I felt a tear roll down my cheek
I had stayed there for three years, now
I looked at my sister, even her eyes did leak
-Gaurang Rao


9 comments:

  1. having moved a few times in life, i know this feeling...the releasing of those places that hold such memory...nicely penned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can really relate on this. having moved a lot of times. but there are things that we need to leave for the better and not because they are no longer good.

    sad but nice one...

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have visited you from "Carry on Tuesday." Yes, it is so hard to say good-bye to a home one lived in for many years. I have had to do that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my... You resurrected the memory of when, at the age of 8, we moved 600 miles from where I was born, and from my aunt, uncle, and cousins. I was so so sad. It was a passing. And I had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me of the past.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can totally relate to this, been there many times...and I always leave a place with heavy heart...
    Very nice Magpie, Gaurang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had two really big moves. One was at the age of ten when we changed suburbs and I thought it would be the end of everything. Of course it wasn't. The second when I moved from the UK to the other side of the globe. I suffered from homesickness, but I wouldn't be anywhere else now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sad to say goodbye when you have built ties with your loved ones.
    well done expression.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, how are you?


    Glad to land in your lovely land of wonders. Excellent talent!

    Hope all is well.

    Appreciated your support to The Gooseberry Garden, your inputs add light to our place, we would love to see you around weekly…

    Random piece or old ones are welcome too.

    Bless you.
    Happy End of August.
    Hope to see you around!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if possible. All comments are appreciated. Thanks for your support.